Monday, January 7, 2013

Hello 2013

Well we are back from a holiday, which as expected, was mostly about eating and merrymaking. It was shorter than usual, but more enjoyable because of that.
Bombay was beautiful at this time of year, with the weather holding up to its end of the bargain. Our colony was fantastic as usual, with the normal migratory birds in evidence everywhere. Friends and family had come down from all ends of the globe and even as I write this blog, the reverse migration would be in its final throes.
All the plans that we had made for the trip came to naught, due to the pressures of social commitments. We had planned to go for a movie, do a walkabout in South Bombay, take the kids to some cultural center, none of which came about. But we enjoyed none the less! The children more so, as they had loads of friends to hang out with.
All through this break we had zero access to the Internet. This was going to be a bone of contention I knew, and had prepared to defend my rationale for not ‘again’ wasting a lot of money on connectivity for the few days that we were in Bombay. But as the days passed, none of us felt the need and in fact my daughter did not even ask for her iPad or iPod, so busy was she with other girls.
So coming back to 2013, we expect this to be a BIG year. Big in the changes that we anticipate in our lives and their impact on our family. You will hear of these as we go along, either through this blog or the grapevine...
 
I have made some resolutions for this year, with one of them being to pick up a new skill. It has been a while since I have acquired or trained myself in something new, and kick myself for having wasted time due to either laziness or lack of initiative. Anyway I have narrowed the options down to two, and will let the situation, as it plays out over the next few weeks, dictate which I choose.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We reciprocate Happy New Year wishes to all of you.
cheers
Bows

zarir said...

Well I know of 1 new skill which you have picked up last weekend, finally after 23 years here. lol.

Zodspeaks said...

Now let us not talk of that - shall we Zarir? Ha ha