Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hosstralia - here we come!

We are off (on vacation) to the Land Down Under!!

We fly to Sydney tomorrow on the Emirates A380, (before you get too excited, please note that we are flying cattle class) so we look forward to more than 15 hours of being cramped up in a pressurised aluminum tube.

We spend 10 days in and around Sydney with friends, where we will catch up with many who are extremely close to us. We then take Virgin Blue to Perth. 

In Perth we are with family for 10 days, after which we fly back to Dubai on the 14th of July. I am sure that Perth will also be just a staging area for many activities in and around. My wife is already scheduled to go for the Lady Gaga concert there, much to the chagrin of my daughter who would have loved to have joined her.

This is a holiday that has been two years in the making. In that time, it has been on and off more times than a faulty neon light, so to say "At Last!!!!" would be an understatement.

This will also be our first 'winter' holiday. We have been told so much about how cold it is there, that all our bags are bursting with heavy gear. Looking at our bags last night made me feel as if we are just passing through Australia on our way to the Antarctic...     

The next few weeks will give me a lot of fodder for thought, as well as my blog. And now that I am a bit more organised about the topics for my blog (I note them down into my iPhone as and when they strike me), I will not easily forget them later on. This way I maintain a nice pipeline of possible topics to write about. I am sure this sends a cold shiver up your spine, but that is the price you pay for wanting to keep reading.  

By the way - the Hosstralia in the title, is what my daughter used to call our friends house, on our first trip there almost 10 years ago. On our daily jaunts around Sydney, every time she got tired she would want to go back to Hosstralia.

Oh yeah - before I forget - during this time my blog will (thankfully) be quiet.

No comments: